The Global Citizen Network (GCN) is a Member of the Global Citizenship Education Network (GCEN) of the UNESCO Chair in Global Learning and Global Citizenship Education, UCLA. It is an initiative of the Boston Global Forum (BGF), based in Boston, Massachusetts, which was founded to bring together thought leaders and experts from around the globe to participate in open public forums to discuss and illuminate the most critical issues affecting the world at large. People who belong to the Global Citizen Network include global citizens who ascribe to common values like peace, development, and sustainability, and who want to join a network of other like-minded individuals that is greater than the sum of its parts, and that has a fulfilling and positive effect on the world.
- Every global citizen implements the common values of global citizenship in their own lives.
- Every global citizen has knowledge and understanding of world civilization, including both developed and developing countries, the expanding linkages and globalization of the world today, and the values and resources of all human kind.
- The dedication of every global citizen to society is recognized and appreciated through Global Leader Scorecard transcripts, and is communicated to participating Global Leaders.
- Global Citizens pledge to live in an environment of lifelong learning, to always seize new opportunities in the building of social relationships and environmental sustainability, to always know the movements and changes in the world, to conscientiously prepare and plan life goals, to adapt with the development and changes in the future, and to be confident with building their own lives in the world.
- Global Citizens pledge to have good and proper notions of happiness, to value life in all its diversity, and to find ethical solutions that solve personal issues for everyone’s benefit.
- Global Citizens support practical solutions for spiritual life, and follow a peaceful path in society and on the network.
- Global Citizens are creative, promote excellence in themselves and others in society and the network, and develop wisdom and dignity through their curiosity, study, work and a healthy lifestyle.
The Global Citizen Network is an initiative of the Boston Global Forum (BGF), based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded to bring together thought leaders and experts from around the globe to participate in open public forums to discuss and illuminate the most critical issues affecting the world at large.